Plumber's son emerges FUTA's best graduating student

The family of Mr. Nurudeen Adegoke, were highly
elated on Saturday as their 26-year-old son of a
plumber graduated with a first class degree in
Mathematics and as the overall best graduating
student at the 24th convocation ceremony of the
Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA),
Ondo State, on Saturday.
Adegoke said being a son of a plumber did not deter
him from achieving success.
He emphasized that the road that leads to success
is challenging but thanked God for seeing him
through while assisting him to achieve his heart
desires as he had to put in personal efforts to get
himself through his degree programme.
He said, “I really worked very hard. No unserious
student can survive the rigour at the Mathematical
Science department from where I graduated. I was
very prayerful too.
“Right from my first day in FUTA, I was determined,
focused and diligent. I was humble too because
humility is very essential in anything one is doing.
“I was at the Osun State College of Technology, Esa
Oke, for my Ordinary National Diploma in Statistics.
I got direct admission to FUTA, doing everything on
my own.
“My dad is a plumber while my mother is a petty
trader. I am really from a humble background. Being
the first child of my family, I made up my mind to
be serious and hardworking so that I could help my
parents in taking care of the academic needs of my
younger ones.
“I always had it at the back of my mind that I must
pass very well if I really wanted my certificate to be
useful to me and I was always prayerful and
focused.
“I used to get involved in tutorials. I didn’t play with
my academics. I am not sure I had any social life
because I didn’t want any form of distraction,”
Adegoke added.
He urged students not to play with their studies and
always have it at the back of their minds that they
have to pass very well.
DailyPost gathered that 15 out of the 1,960 students
that graduated had a first class degree, 561 were in
the second class upper division, 998 graduates were
in the second class lower division; 331 in the third
class; while 55 of them graduated with a pass.

1 comment:

  1. I should say only that its awesome! The blog is informational and always produce amazing things. Doral

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.